Effective Date: October 20, 2019
Welcome to Eco Lips. We are sensitive to your concerns about how we may use and share personal information that we collect from you through our online store, e-newsletters, social media, re-marketing, tracking and cookies. We recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our visitors and members and have established this Privacy & Spam Policy statement as a result. By using Eco Lips’s website and supported platforms, you are accepting the current practices described in this Privacy & Spam Policy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies, please send an email to email@example.com
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit personal information to Eco Lips by leaving a comment, taking a survey, subscribing to a newsletter or submitting a contact form. In addition, upon making certain purchases described herein, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email along with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
To enjoy our website, Eco Lips does not require anyone to share personal information about themselves. When you make a purchase from the Eco Lips web store, we will require personal information to complete your purchase and ship your order. We will ask for your name, address, phone number and a valid email address. We will not use the personal information you give us for anything except what we described above. You have the option to opt-out of receiving a newsletter from Eco Lips and you may review your personal information at any time by clicking the My Account feature.
We have numerous security provisions and features in place to protect customer orders, credit cards, and personal information, including:
- Our domain has an SSL certificate
- Our website is certified Level 1 PCI DSS complaints
- Account Login
If you decide to set up an account with Eco Lips we will ask you to create a login name and a password. We will keep all information about your purchases even after your order has shipped. You can review your online account at any time without making a purchase. If you have not set up an online account with us, or if you have any questions about our online privacy policies or information we have stored about you, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access Eco Lips. For example, when you use Eco Lips, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using Eco Lips, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by Eco Lips. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website. At any time, you may prevent the setting of cookies by the website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of Eco Lips may be entirely usable.
The following list includes examples of specific ways we collect personal information from our website visitors and the type of information collected:
- E-Newsletter: To register online for our electronic newsletters, we request the following required information: name and email address. The provision of an email address is mandatory in order to receive our newsletter.
- Contact Forms: To contact Eco Lips for the purposes of evaluating or engaging our services or to answer your questions, we utilize numerous forms throughout our site. Required information varies depending on the form and at most includes name and email address. The provision of this information is mandatory in order to receive a response from Eco Lips. The provision of the remaining information requested on the registration form is optional.
- Online Purchases: When you purchase a product from Eco Lips, we may utilize a third-party online shopping system, which is described more fully below. To process your payment, certain standard required information includes address and credit card information. Transactions are secured via SSL encryption and credit card details will never be emailed. Credit information is purged from our systems on a regular basis.
Does Eco Lips share my information?
Eco Lips will not share or sell your personally identifiable information with third-parties. We may, however, share your information with third-parties when we are authorized to share such information.
- Tracking: Eco Lips uses various marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people visiting our site. These tools allow us to look at aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and allow us to run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any of these tools.
- Newsletters: Eco Lips uses Klayvio as its email service provider. Klayvio collects contact information, distributes our newsletter, and tracks actions you take that assist us in measuring the performance of the website and newsletters. Upon subscription, Klayvio also tracks the pages you visit on the website. If you become a customer, information about the products you purchase is passed into Klayvio. Our newsletters contain tracking pixels. This pixel is embedded in emails and allows us to analyze the success of our newsletters. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email, which links within the email you click, and the pages you visit on our website. This behavior is not passed to third-parties. All data submitted at the time of subscription to our newsletter is stored on Klayvio’s servers. At any time, you may be removed from our newsletter list by clicking on the unsubscribe button provided in each email.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile on Eco Lips or leave a comment on Eco Lips certain information may be publicly visible.
Eco Lips is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletters, and those providing contact information. In addition, Eco Lips is opposed to unauthorized commercial email delivery, otherwise known as spam. Please read the Spam Policy to understand how your personal information is treated. From time to time, Eco Lips may offer new information or services that may affect this policy.
What if there are changes to the privacy, spam and security policies?
If we change our Privacy and Spam Policy, we will post those changes on our privacy page.
How we protect your privacy
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of data. Your information is only available to employees and service providers directly involved with providing you with the types of email communication you requested when you subscribed to our email list. We will never share, sell, or rent your information with any person, company or organization for their promotional use without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
Eco Lips is strongly opposed to spam. We will only send email to users that have explicitly requested to receive an email from us. Examples may include:
- Opt-in subscribers to Eco Lips
- Users that complete a contact form
- All communication will be related and relevant to what you have requested
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our site.